Although a significant proportion of visitors to Germany make their own arrangements with transport and accommodation, many still prefer to leave the logistics of travel to a tour operator, particularly in an area of specialist interest, such as language learning, or walking, or concert touring. Tour operators also bring peace of mind if anything should go wrong.
These pages provide a comprehensive list of who is doing what when it comes to travel to Germany. They include:
- German Travel Specialists, a select group who make Germany their main focus.
- General Tour Operators who offer German packages and itineraries as part of a wider programme of Europe-wide or even worldwide holidays.
- Educational Tour Operators who run school trips, residential language courses and history study tours.
- Specialist Tour Operators, with itineraries of interest to opera buffs, rail enthusiasts, sports fans, gay travellers, etc etc
- River Cruise and Boating Holiday Operators, for cruises on Germany’s big rivers, and boat hire in the lakes and coastal regions.
- Coach Tour Operators, featuring popular German destinations. Many are seasonal and intermittent.
- Walking and Cycling Holidays, for the more adventurous.